Seizan Uni Ramen by two Michelin star Seizan kaiseki restaurant in Japan now opened an inventive, modern ramen concept at Pinic Food Park, located at level 3 of Wisma Atria. This food concept is materialised through the collaboration between the Singapore-owned Picnic and Tokyo’s Seizan.
If Seizan does ring a bell to you, that’s due to the Nabe Seizan in Japan Food Town located in the same mall.
The menu at Seizan Uni Ramen predominatingly is ramen in a Dashi soup base using Katsuo (Bonito) and Maguro (Tuna) flakes.
When I heard the name Uni Ramen, I couldn’t imagine how the taste will be like. The uni is melted in the dashi and turned the soup into a bright golden orange colour. The ramen absorbs the essence and gets colour too. I was concerned if it will have a fishy pungent.
Instead, it was creamy with an alcoholic aroma. Overall was robust but can be cloying for especially the light palate diner. Topped with tender Char Siew, Egg, Nori and julienne leek.
Cooked the dashi with beef to offer diner an alternative is the Beef Ramen.
Lastly is the bowl of noodle, adding Somen in its original flavourful Dashi, Dashi Somen.
Seizan Uni Ramen @ Pinic Food Park
435 Orchard Rd, #03-15 , Wisma Atria, Singapore 238877
Daily 1200 to 2130
- North South line – Orchard station
- Tang Plaza along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A
- Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502
- Orchard Station along Orchard Turn 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 190, 700, 700A
- Opposite Orchard Station along Orchard Boulevard 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175
*Disclaimer: This was a media invite.