Halcyon & Crane is by the same folks behind Birds of A Feather at Amoy Street. Perched at level 3 of the branded stores-filled Paragon, offering brunch to the shoppers of the bustling shopping district. Like its sister’s restaurant, they offer Sichuan-inspired dishes.
Whetted our appetite with the Marinated Cabbage ($6), simply with chilli soy vinaigrette and white bean. Though it is an extremely simply dish, we like the flavours and texture of the dish.
Slow-Cooked Coix Beef Soup ($15) was a little disappointing in my opinion. The tomato flavour dominated or more accurately, it masked the rest of the flavour. Personally, I would prefer a stronger beef aroma and lesser tomato fragrance.
Comfort food is up next with Tangy Chicken and Mushroom Braised Rice ($26). This reminds me of porridge cooked in chicken stock. Well-balanced flavour. It will be my go to dish on rainy day.
Even though I am not a cooked-Salmon fan, I enjoyed the Miso Red Dates Roasted Salmon ($35). Amazingly, the miso red dates glazed worked extremely well on the Salmon. In short, it was delicious.
Meals with no dessert is never complete. We got the Molten Matcha Lava ($16) to round it up. The matcha flavour was sufficient with thick molten matcha lava flowing from the centre of the cake.
I always love Asian elements infusing into Western dish. There might be some misses in the Sichuna-inspired dishes whipped by Halcyon & Crane, on the whole, there are more hits.
Halcyon & Crane
290 Orchard Rd, #03-09 The Paragon, Singapore 238859
Tel: +65 6416 4886
Daily 0900 to 2200
- North-South line – Orchard or Somerset station
- Opp Ngee Ann City along Orchard Boulevard 14, 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A
- National Youth Council along Grange Road 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175, 971E
- Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502, 502A
- Opp Mandarin Orchard along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A, 971E