After Mellower Coffee first outlet, shortly, Mellower Coffee @ Bugis is their second outlet. This is the cafe that offers instagram-worthy Cotton Candy Coffee and many more and the design is great for OOTD too. Hail from Shanghai, however, I have never sighted them at Shanghai so far.
Occupying a total of 2 storey, sounds like quite a big space. Indeed it is, comparing with most of the cafe in Singapore. However, it was occupied with lots of students. Like at Starbucks, they are studying at Mellower Coffee @ Bugis. This was particularly true at the second level.
Space are designed in industrial theme with lots of element to identify with. Such as cement wall and floor and naked light bulb.
At Mellower Coffee, they are famous and very instagramable Cotton Candy Coffee and Ondeh Ondeh Latte. However they came with a pricy price tag. This is true for their Espresso based coffee such as Cappuccino and Latte. Both around $6. The latte was petitte. At such a hefty price tag, the coffee wasn’t fantastic. Though medium acidity, it was with light body and there was a light bitterness after taste.
Mellower Coffee @ Bugis doesn’t serve much food. A handful of pastry. We chose Peach Tart, it was mediocre.
Except for the pretty space for OOTD, and complimentary WiFi, a handful of charging point, we didn’t find a reason to return.
Mellower Coffee @ Bugis
108 Middle Road, #01-01 The Prospex, Singapore 188967
Daily 0800 to 2200
- Downtown line or East-West line – Bugis station
- Opp Bugis Junction along Victoria Street 7, 12, 63, 80, 175, 197, 851, 960, 980
- Bugis Station along Victoria street 2, 32, 33, 51, 61, 130, 133, 145
- Bugis Junction along Victoria Street 2, 12, 33, 130, 133, 960
- North Bridge Road Commercial Complex along North Bridge Road 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197, 851