Recently, NAHMJ was invited by Mission Foods Pizza Crusts to participate in their quest for Best Asian-Inspired Pizza recipe, after some brainstorming, we created a Thai-inspired Pizza using the Wholemeal Mission Foods Pizza Crust. And we are pleasantly surprised to know that our creation was chosen as one of the three recipe for the Mission Foods Asian-inspired Pizza Recipe contest. We were thrilled. Read on to find out more about the Pizza crust and our award-winning recipe.
Mission Foods is the world’s largest flatbread maker. They offer a range of fresh, authentic Mexican food products. We tried previously their rice chips and we love it.
Revealing our award winning pizza … drum roll … It is Thai Basil Minced Pork Pizza.
Ingredients for Thai Basil Minced Pork
- 200g Minced Pork (Alternatively use chicken, seafood or beef )
- Thai Basil Leaves
- 2 Chili Padi (sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 1 Mission Foods plain/wholemeal pizza crust, thawed
- Thai Basil Minced Pork
- Handful grated mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese
- Small handful of basil leaves
- Sliced Chilli padi
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
Proceed to stir-fry the Thai Basil Minced Pork.
- Add oil and stir fry garlic and chili in a hot pan
- Next add pork, till almost done, pour in the water and add the seasoning
- Now, add the fresh Thai Basil
- Once ready, dish it and set aside
Brush extra virgin olive oil all over the Mission Foods pizza crust. We chose Wholemeal for this recipe.
Scatter the Thai Basil Minced Pork over the crust.
Scatter the 2 cheeses over the Pork, scatter more chilli padi slices and basil leaves. Amount is according to your preference.
Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or till the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
As the Mission Foods Pizza Crust is extremely thin, therefore it was easy to bake with a relatively short time frame. We certainly love this Asian-Inspired recipe.
Mission Foods Pizza Crusts
World’s largest flatbread maker
Major Supermarket islandwide