When I attended the KitchenAid Mini Moment Garden Party previously, I was impressed with KitchenAid latest Stand Mixer. The Mini Stand Mixer is small but yet powerful. This Mini Mixer has a tagline of 25% lighter, 20% smaller and yet as powerful as the Artisan version. If you have read my previous post on KitchenAid Mixer, you know it now comes in 3 sizes, after the KitchenAid Mini was introduced; together with the KitchenAid Commercial and KitchenAid Artisan
This round we have our sleeves rolled up with some really fun hands-on session at Palate Sensations located within grounds of Biopolis using the Mini Mixer to whip up a delicious meal.
Our hands-on session was on making home-made pasta using the KitchenAid Mini to knead the dough and next use the Stand Mixer Attachment, Pasta Cutter and Roller set to roll the dough and finally cut them to Spaghetti.
We ground our own Chicken Meat for the Meatballs as part of the Pasta dish. Using another Stand Mixer Attachment, the Rotor Slicer/Shredder to shred the chicken thigh with ease.
A pity due to time constraints, we didn’t make our own Cheese Tart, instead Chef Michele offered a demo. Using the KitchenAid Mini to mix all the ingredients. Finally when the mixture is ready and chilled, pipe them onto the commercial tart.
Here is the recipe for the Chicken Meatballs Pasta.
Pasta With Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 100g of Oo pasta flour
- 1 small egg
- 250g chicken thigh
- 1 egg
- Fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp yellow onion (diced)
- Basil & Thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 50ml Chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato (diced or crushed)
- LP sauce (optional)
- Knead ingredients into a ball using the KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer
- Pass through pasta machine and cut
- Pass Chicken Thigh, Fresh Oregano, Parmesan, Panko and Garlic through the Rotor Shredder
- Add Salt and Olive Olive to the minced ingredients and mix well
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls
- Pan-fry the meatballs over high heat
- Cook olive oil and onions over a fry pan for 5-7 mins
- Add chicken stock and water, tomato, herbs and LP sauce
- Simmer for 15 mins
- Season and mix the pasta and finally topped it off with the Chicken Meatballs.
KitchenAid Mini Price
NAHMJ is extremely impressed and we got a KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer for our culinary journey.
KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer
Countertop appliances and major kitchen appliance
*Disclaimer: This was a media invite.