Giovanni L Singapore existed for more than a year at Fort Canning but I am pretty sure most wouldn’t visit the place especially when you don’t drive. The good news is that they have a second outlet at Marine Parade but it is outdoor with no air-conditioning. After a year, they are now ready to expand and came up with Giovanni L Singapore New Creations.
The uniqueness about Giovanni L Singapore is that all the ice cream are imported to ensure the most consistent quality delivered to customers in Singapore. And they take effort to decorate the gelato at the display to provide an exclusive visual experience.
The best flavour offered at Giovanni is the Sicilian Pistachio which won the Gelato World Championship in 2010 and 2014.
Giovanni L Singapore New Creations
Among the handful of new creations, Ichigo Sake ($16) is my favourite. I am pretty certainly, most ladies would love it too. Sipping the sweetish fruity strawberry sake was excellent choice no matter what time of the day.
For the martini cum espresso fan, Espresso Martini ($18) is tailored specially for you. This is a potent drink as it is a combination of 2 strong ingredients. To further top it off, the spanish cream, another rich ingredient, added.
As the name suggested, Giovanni L. Super XXL Sundae ($29.90) is extremely over sized bowl with 7 scoops of pre-defined ice cream and lots of fruit salad. This is not an item for the faint-hearted. Unless you are an extremely big eater, otherwise I dare you to attempt to finish this bowl entirely by yourselves. At least not for me. It is great for sharing among as many as 7 person, though the suggestion sharing is 3 -4 pax.
Chocolate Sundae ($9.90) is kid-friendly. It will certainly be the popular choice among diners.
Giovanni Lick Contest
- LICK: Enjoy any of our Gelato World Cup Champion dessert (scoops in a cup or cone, sundaes, affogatos, spaghetti gelato, anything!)
- SNAP: Take a photo or video with the theme of “Giovanni Lick“.
- POST: Upload onto Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #GiovanniLick and #GiovanniL (Remember to set for public viewing!)
Generally, I find the gelato by Giovanni L Singapore a little too sweet for my preference. But I thought the Giovanni L Singapore New Creations is invigorating.
Giovanni L Singapore
5 Cox Terrace, #01-01, Fort Canning Arts Centre, Singapore 179620
Tel: +65 6684 5422
Monday – Friday 1000 to 2300; Saturday – Sunday 0800 to 2300
- North South, Circle and North-East line – Dhoby Ghaut
- after or opp Haw Par Glass Tower along Clemenceau Ave 64, 123, 139, 143
- Dhoby Ghaut Station along Penang Road 7, 14,14e, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, 850E, 951E, 972
- Dhoby Ghaut Station along Orchard Road 7, 14,14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 502, 502A, 518, 700, 700A, 850E, 951E, 971E, 972
- Macdonald House along Orchard Road 65