I have previously blogged about Les Delices cakes. At that time Les Delices Macarons weren’t yet available. Recently, when I passed by the patisserie, I decided to check out for new products and saw some lovely macarons and SG50 choux.
As the macarons were pretty decent looking with pastel colours, moreover, I have good impression of their cakes so I got hold of a box of 6. Les Delices offers 6 flavours which I tried 5, missing the sesame, though I requested for one each. I was pretty disappointed that the sesame was not in the box, instead 2 lychee macaron was packed.
Macaron Texture and Flavours
Technically, the look of the macaron were almost perfect though there were a few flaws. One of the macaron has a large pocket space and another with feet a little detached. And it was quite lacking in a chewy interior.
Lemon Lime Macaron
The Lemon Lime Macaron isn’t extremely sourish with good balance of sweet and sour factor.
The unique Passionfruit fragrance was inadequate. I thought it was a typical citrus macaron.
I don’t taste the Lychee much, instead it was dominated with Rose flavour instead.
Vanilla Bourbon Macaron
Sweet was this macaron with good scent of Vanilla.
Just another chocolate macaron. Nothing unique.
I thought there are room for improvement for Les Delices Macaron. Tweaking to the flavour is essential. The macarons were slightly sweeter though I could accept it. But, a reduction of the sugar level would be perfect.
Les Delices Macarons
Block 333 Kreta Ayer Road #01-14 Singapore Singapore 080333
Tel: +65 6536 8087
Monday 1300 to 1900; Tuesday – Thursday 1300 to 2200; Friday – Saturday 1300 to 2245; Closed on Sundays, Public Holidays and Last Mondays of Each Month
- East-West line or North-East line – Outram station
- Downtown line – Chinatown station
- alight opp Blk 333 along Kreta Ayer Road 80, 145
- alight at Maxwell Road Food Centre along South Bridge Road 80, 145
- alight before the Pinnacle @ Duxton along Neil Road 61, 166, 197
- alight at Pearl’s Center along Eu Tong Seng 54, 124, 143, 147, 166, 190, 851, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28
- alight opp Pearl’s Center along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 63, 124, 143, 147, 190, 851, 961, 961C, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28