21 CUBE Artisan Ice Cream operating out of a takeaway kiosk outlet at Scapes is attracting bee line. First we have the scoop, the things get more interesting, we saw the rise and fall of the nitro ice cream. Now we are seeing them as ice cream roll. The dessert scene in Singapore is getting more and more interesting.
At the order counter, first let the server know what base would you like. There are 6 options, namely Matcha, Vanilla, Plain, Chocolate, Yakult and Yogurt. This will form the flavour of your ice cream. Next, choose a Mix ($4.90) or two Mix ($5.90). You will find 20 selections with fruits and crunch of choice.
Next, the Ice Cream Chef will start to “fried” the ice cream on a freezing pan. Mix in the choice of Mix and then spread it on the pan for the mixture to solidify. Finally roll it and scoop them into the cup. Choose a sauce and you are ready to enjoy.
As we stood to wait for our ice cream roll, we noticed lots of order with Chocolate Base. Looks like this is one of their best seller. Interestingly, we did not see any Matcha order during our wait.
The result of the ice cream looks like a beautiful blossom. Will the ice cream roll continue to in trend of fade of, time will tell. Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy this novelty.
21 Cube isn’t the only ice parlour offering them. There are a few others who offer this interesting concept too. To find out, click here.
21 CUBE Artisan Ice Cream
2 Orchard Link #02-29, Scapes, Singapore 237978
Monday – Friday 1200 to 2200; Saturday – Sunday 1100 to 2200
- North South line – Somerset (Exit B) or Orchard station
- alight opp Mandarin Orchard along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A
- alight at National Youth Council along Grange Road 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175, 971E
- alight opp Ngee Ann City along Orchard Turn 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A
- alight at Midpoint Orchard along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502