Roll Up, a Kebab specialist shop setting up its foothold at the highly dense eatery stretch, Circular Road. I am not one who fancy roll or wrap but I thought it may be worth trying out at least once.
Roll Up has a very focused menu with only kebabs. It offered 4 meat varieties; 2 chicken, 1 fish and 1 mutton. Vegetarian, you get an option too. There was only 1 side, the Masala Fries. But it has a good list of Beers ranging from $13 to $17. During Happy Hours, you get the Beer cheaper.
Roll Up also provide diners with an option for combo meal; with the Masala Fries and a soft drink by adding $3 or select your favourite beer (Asahi or Kingfisher) together with your favourite kebab roll at $20.
On each day, there is a kebab of the day, except for Thursday and Friday where you get 2, at Lunch Special Price.
Chicken Tikka Kebab Roll is known as Pistol and Mortar on its menu. In it, it has tender, succelent chicken meat with light marinate of spice. The roll was wrap together with lettuce and lots of onions too. With the green yogurt-like sauce, it made the roll more appertising.
Mughal Mouton ($14) is Mutton Seekh Kebab. A traditional kebab made from spice-marinated minced lamb. It was pretty spicy for me.
While I was waiting for my order, the fragrance of the fries filled the outlet. It tempted me to steal some fries from the nearest table. Lol. It was a pity that the Masala power on the Fries was too strong to savour the potato flavour. And we find the Masala Fries ($3) spiced things up. If you like, dip it with the in-house mint sauce to cool it off the spice a little.
Roll Up charges an additional $1 for takeaway order which I find it a little too expensive, since the bag provided was nothing but a big brown bag, with no handles. The content is relatively heavy too. Hence, it is difficult to carry especially when the journey is long.
76 Circular Road, Singapore 049430
Tel: +65 6221 4382
Monday – Thursday 1200 to 2300; Friday 1200 to 0100; Saturday 1730 to 0100; Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- North-South line or East-West line – Raffles Place station
- North East line – Clarke Quay
- alight at Prudential Tower along Cecil Street 57, 131, 167, 700, 971
- alight opp AIA Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
- alight at OCBC Centre along Church Street 186 , 970
- alight at OUE Bayfront along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 971E
- alight at Clarke Quay Station along Eu Tong Sen Street 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166, 174, 190, 197, 851, 961
- alight opposite Clarke Quay Station along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 147, 190
- alight at Boat Quay along South Bridge Road 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851, 961