The space at second storey of 73 Amoy is occupied by Dapper Coffee by day and Spiffy Dapper Bar by night.
As the space is shared by a cafe and a bar, the space will definitely dress with some element of a bar. And you find a long bar table counter with bottles of alcohol as backdrop. The cafe is not the cosiest but comfortable enough to sit down and enjoy the meal or cuppa.
Menu offerred by Dapper Coffee are fairly simple with lunch, pastries, cakes for food with drinks such as coffee, cold brew (in the trend), tea and some interesting mocktails.
As I was at Dapper Coffee for lunch, I ordered a Baked Chicken Thigh with spiced quinoa and alfalfa sprouts.
I was glad that they uses Chicken Thigh and not breast meat. The baked was at a perfect level; not over or under cooked. In fact for this dish, I enjoyed the spiced Quinoa with the alfalfa sprouts more than the chicken. I was surprised to find the Quinoa so tasty and flavourful. When it was eaten together with the sprouts, there was a nice crunch.
Dapper Coffee uses Common Man Coffee Beans for the cup of cuppa.
My cup of Cappuccino was of good balance, medium acidity, full body and great aroma. I like the flavour note of berries and a little nutty. It was a pretty rounded cup.
By the bar counter, the available pastries and cakes for the day were on displayed.
On the day of my visit, there were 2 tarts and a cake available. No room in my stomach was available for me to savour the tarts even though it was very tempting. I will return to try them soon.
Final thoughts? It is a cafe which serves delish food and good coffee with inviting pastries. It is a hidden gem in Amoy Street.
73 Amoy Street, Second Level, Singapore
Tel: +65 9005 4790
Monday – Friday 0800 to 1700; Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
- East-West line – Tanjong Pagar station
- Downtown line – Telok Ayer station
- alight at the bus stop opposite GB Building along Cecil Street 57, 131, 167, 186, 700, 970, 971E (nearest bus stop to Telok Ayer Road)
- alight at the bus stop after Capital Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 97, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
- alight at the bust stop at UIC Building along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 97, 97e, 100, 106, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 186, 196, 196e