My family, especially my brother has always love Pandan Cake. There is one shop that I usually go to for these lovely Pandan Chiffon, Pure Pandan.
Pure Pandan is a bakery that specialises in Chiffon Cake and particularly the Pandan Chiffon. It is a small shop located at basement 2 of Chinatown Point,
opposite Le Cuisine by Chef Daniel. It is mainly a takeaway outlet with no dining in option.
Beside the Pandan Chiffon. There are others chiffon such as Durain, Orange, Chocolate (hardly seen available), Banana Walnut and Green Tea Honey. They sell it either in slice or whole.
I usually get the Pandan Chiffon Whole. You can request Pure Pandan to slice them for you if you wish. I usually do that, unless it is meant to be a gift.
The chiffon cake has a good amount of Pandan flavour. It doesn’t taste artificial like some. The Pandan flavour will linger in your mouth till you swallow the cake. The texture is soft and fluffy. It is so spongy till a depression is created when you lightly pressed onto the cake. I have once bought it to Hong Kong for my colleague there and they love it. It was a coincident that there was another brand from Singapore for them to compare. After having both, all agreed that this is best.
Pure Pandan has two outlets, both in Chinatown. One in Chinatown Point which I usually patronized, the other in Hong Lim Complex which is currently closed till further notice.
133 New Bridge Road, #B2-05, Chinatown Point, Singapore 059431
Tel: +65 6538 2238
Daily 1100 to 2130
- Northeast line or Downtown line – Chinatown station
- East West line – Outram Park station
- alight at New Bridge Road bus stop 2, 12, 33, 54, 63, 80, 124, 143, 147, 190, 851, 961, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28
- alight at South Bridge Road bus stop 61, 80, 145, 166, 197
- alight at Eu Tong Seng bus stop, outside People’s Park Complex 2, 12, 33, 61, 63, 143, 197, 961, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28
- alight at Eu Tong Seng, outside People’s Park Center 54, 124, 145, 147, 166, 190, 851