Dojo is a burger joint that has an all Pork Menu for its Burgers and Sandwiches. You won’t find any other meat. Located at the fringe of the Financial Districts, it is closed on Sundays.
This burger restaurant is very much self-service, starting from ordering to collection, it is DIY. A buzzer will be given when the order is done at the cashier. Wait for it to buzz and collect the food from the collection counter.
Basically for the Burgers, there are either pork patty in the burger with different fillings or sauces such as mushrooms, teriyaki sauce, chilli sauce, fried onions. Alternatively it is with pork steak (there is only one with pork steak, named Little Dragon). As for the sandwiches, I find it a little more exciting, though the selection is limited to 2 choices. Either with pork belly slices or bacon. I will try the sandwich next.
All Burgers and Sandwiches come with fries and a soft drink and it is served in the Dim Sum Bamboo holder.
As I like my Beef Burger with mushroom so I ordered the Pork Patty Burger with Mushroom to see how I like it.
In short, very different in tasting experience, nevertheless I like it. The pork patty is very much like eating the Chinese Steamed Minced Pork. It reminded me of a Chinese dish named as the Lion Head when you translated it literally (狮子头). Mushroom didn’t seems to enhance the flavour of pork as much as it did to beef. Some room for improvement for the fries. If they could serve with freshly prepared potato cut fries, that would be marvellous.
The ambience of Dojo is casual. No fancy design. The restaurant it pretty small in size, divided into two section, with and without air-con.
I like the idea of a all Pork Menu. I like the taste, very much like fusion burger. I will return to try the sandwich.
72 Circular Road Singapore 049426
Monday – Saturday 1100 to 2130
– North-South line or East-West line – Raffles Place station
– North East line – Clarke Quay
– alight at Prudential Tower along Cecil Street – 57, 131, 167, 700, 971
– alight opp AIA Tower along Robinson Road – 10, 10e, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
– alight at OCBC Centre along Church Street – 186 , 970
– alight at OUE Bayfront along Shenton Way – 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 971E
– alight at Clarke Quay Station along Eu Tong Sen Street 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166, 174, 190, 197, 851, 961
– alight opposite Clarke Quay Station along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 147, 190
– alight at Boat Quay along South Bridge Road 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851, 961