By now, most would have known about the latest shopping mall in Singapore, Paya Lebar Quarter, also known as PLQ for short. It is yet another mall filled with F&B shops. One of which is Donburi King.
Donburi King specialises in Don. They offered both Kaisen Don and Hot Donburi.
The signature item at this self-service ordering restaurant is Donburi King Signature Kaisen Don ($58.80). Though it is tagged to a hefty figure, the portion fit for 2 medium size diners. The Japanese Pearl Rice is crowned with premium sashimi such as Oyster, Prawns, Salmon, Ikura, Tobiko, Uni, Scallop and Octopus and 2 thick Tamoga slices.
There are a handful of others such as Chirashi Don and even a Aburi Don.
If you prefer Hot Donburi, there are 5 dishes to choose from. One of the highly recommended dish by the restaurant is Whole Unagi Don ($25). Personally, I would patron the Unagi specialty restaurant such as Uya or even UnaUna.
Approximately a dozen of appetisers to choose from, Saba Misoni ($5), Fried Oysters ($5) are recommended by the restaurant.
When crave for Sashimi Don, and you are at Paya Lebar, Donburi King is worth turning to.
Donburi King 爆爆王 (ばくばくおう)
10, Paya Lebar Road Paya Lebar Quarter #03-26, Singapore 409057
Tel: +65 6611 6657
Mondays – Thursday 1130 to 1500, 1700 to 2200 | Fridays – Sundays 1130 to 2200
- East-West line or Circle line – Paya Lebar
- Paya Lebar station along Paya Lebar Road 24, 28, 43, 70, 70M, 76, 135, 154, 155
- After Tanjong Katong Complex along Sims Ave 2, 7, 13, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 51, 67, 154, 155
- At or opp Tanjong Katong Complex along Paya Lebar Road 40, 197, 853
- Blk 14 Haig Road Market & Food Centre along Geylang Road 2, 7, 13, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 51, 67, 154, 155