It is always encouraging to see new concept evolving. The most recently Japanese-French cafe that we visited was Kumoya. This round it seems Japanese inspired French pastry is on the rise. At Paragon, we welcome Amiral Atelier who is entering into this arena.
Helmed by Chef Sae, a Japanese who spent her years in French, mastering the art of patisserie. As she was living in the street of Amiral, hence the name was derived.
Strangely, the Japanese inspired French pastry outlet has a similar theme which is Minimalistic with either Zen or Japanese influence. We see it in Kki Sweets and Kumoya too.
At a glance over the display counter, I summarize them into 2 categories available; cakes and mainly Eclairs. I spotted an interesting flavour for the Eclair ($7.50), Fig. I am not fan of Fig but gave it a try as it was never seen in Eclairs yet.
The other that flavour that I tried was Yuzu ($7.50). In general, for the eclairs, we felt it was a shame that the pastry was a tad dry, though we like the fillings.
2 other available Eclairs were Smokey Chocolate and a Special.
Chocolate mousse cake with coffee & caramel ($8.50) and Vanilla Rum Slice ($8.50) were the other 2 items I purchased. I tried none, but according to my Mom, they were delish.
Matcha fan, pay attention!! There is Matcha Brownie ($6.80) in Amiral Atelier. It has a strong scent. Pretty decent. Go grab yours today.
Overall, we find Amiral Atelier offers decent cakes and pastry. But we still like to think that there is room for improvement.
Daily 1100 to 2200
- North-South line – Orchard or Somerset station
- Opp Ngee Ann City along Orchard Boulevard 14, 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A
- National Youth Council along Grange Road 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175, 971E
- Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502, 502A
- Opp Mandarin Orchard along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A, 971E