Within a week or so, there are 2 cafes popping up along North Canal Road. First is the Punch (click here to read more) and the second is Ivory Coffee. I am so glad that I don’t have to turn to Starbuck whenever I need my dose of caffeine.
The setting of Ivory Coffee is very much like many cafes that are in white, nothing fanciful, no frills. It gives off a clean and bright look. Indeed, it will also help one to feel freshen up even before the cuppa does its trick.
Ivory offers three menu; a morning menu with sandwiches, usual breakfast items such as egg ben and salad. The other 2 were noon and night menu.
At lunch, pasta, mains and salad were available. Ivory Coffee provides 5 pasta choices. 2 Tomato based pasta; the Pink Prawn Pasta, PPP ($13) and Classic Tomato Pasta ($12). The remaining non-tomato are the Carbonara ($12), Pesto Pasta ($12) and Prawn Aglio Olio ($13).
Out of the 5 choices, I tried the Pink Prawn Pasta. Though I am not a tomato sauce fan, I do enjoy the dish. Lightly tomato flavoured and pasta was al dente.
4 Mains with selection of Beef Burger ($12.50), Slow Roasted Pork Belly ($15.50), Herb Crusted Salmon ($15.50) and Oven Baked Chicken ($13.50). Interestingly, again, I tried a dish I usually avoid, Herb Crusted Salmon. Once more, I enjoyed the dish as the strong salmon scent was absence, probably due to the herb and salt that masked it successfully.
For the night menu, Ivory Coffee whips up some Tapas with selection of Beef Meatballs ($5), Sliders with either Beef or Pulled Pork ($8.50), Salted Egg Chicken Bites ($8), Fried Mantou ($5) and fries.
Beside coffee, a number of tea including Iced Cold Brew Tea were offered and Slow Pressed Juice and Milkshake too.
Coffee were mainly the espresso based cuppa. The Cappuccino ($5) I ordered was full body, low acidity and nutty. If one prefer something unique, one could turn to the Apple Cinnamon ($6).
NAHMJ thought though the food offering at Ivory Coffee weren’t interesting, rather they were usual cafe food, they executed it well.
10 North Canal Road, Singapore 048823
Tel: +65 6532 0341
Daily 0800 to 2000
- North-South line or East-West line – Raffles Place station
- North East line – Clarke Quay or Chinatown station
- Downtown line – Chinatown station
- alight at Prudential Tower along Cecil Street 57, 131, 167, 700, 971
- alight opp AIA Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
- alight at OCBC Centre along Church Street 186 , 970
- alight at OUE Bayfront along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 971E
- alight at Clarke Quay Station along Eu Tong Sen Street 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166, 174, 190, 197, 851, 961
- alight opposite Clarke Quay Station along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 147, 190
- alight at Boat Quay along South Bridge Road 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851, 961